As per reports, the compound annual growth rate of Virtual Reality (VR) is expected to grow by 21.6% from 2020 to 2027. By now, Virtual Reality has gained popularity and recognition in the recent few years. Whenever we think of VR, it reminds us of Video games or science fiction films. But now Virtual reality technology is a prevalent part of life and completely blends with our daily lives. The Future Virtual Reality will become the most prominent technologies serving a myriad of industries.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality (VR) is a computer-generated environment that appears to be real to the user through the use of interactive devices. VR application devices like goggles, helmets, headsets, gloves, or body suites enables the person to interact with 3D visuals and immerse the user in making it feel completely real. Apart from Video games and movies, the other markets and industries are discovering their potential. No wonder that Virtual Reality Technology Companies are heavily investing to innovate new products for serving the market.
How does Virtual Reality technology work?
With VR you feel as if you are sitting in a spaceship whereas you are in your kitchen about to bump a wall. Let us briefly understand how VR technology works.
When you wear a VR headset, it simulates your vision, aiming at perfecting its approach to create an immersive 3D environment. Then each VR headset has a screen in front of your eyes, which eliminates any interaction with the actual world. The video is sent from the computer to the headset and to the eye. The lenses focus on adjusting the image for each eye and create a stereoscopic 3D image. So the picture in front shifts as you look up or down. This is Head tracking technology. Finally, the headphones provide an immersive experience with the help of sound effects that convey a sense of 3D space to the user.
Now that we have understood VR, let us understand AR and MR as you might find them quite similar.
- Augmented Reality: Here the AR applications display computer-generated items over real-time images, creating the illusion that the holographic content is part of the actual world around you.
- Mixed Reality: MR combines virtual and real elements but in MR the virtual components interact with the physical world.
Applications and Benefits of VR
At present, Entertainment and Gaming industry is booming with VR technology applications. Besides, VR also has the potential to change other industries like Health, Medical, Training, Education.
Crafsol team in Pune, India has been providing advanced VR solutions for brands. Some of them include providing an immersive gaming experience to reach wider audiences, customized and interactive experience to the prospective clients. Product companies can enhance the experiences of online products and provide unique video displays by combining VR with 3D graphics, audio, and video projection.
Let’s look at few VR technology examples
- Virtual Reality technology in Training: Medical schools is using VR to teach the next generation surgeons and avoid medical accidents. Pilots use simulators for training to avoid any risk-taking factors like landing a plane. Firefighters can get trained before their first fire experience.
- Virtual Reality technology in HealthCare: Many doctors are using VR in Medical health to treat patients with post-traumatic stress. With VR exposure, a person can enter a re-enactment of a traumatic event to make it easy to come to terms with the event and heal. Patients with anxiety, phobias, and depressions can be treated by providing a safe environment to manage stress levels and boost coping mechanisms.
- Virtual Reality technology in Education: VR is being used in Education for teaching and learning. Students can interact with each other in 3D classrooms. They can also take virtual field trips to museums, taking tours of the solar systems, and going back in time in different eras. Children can learn and practice skills while building social connections.
Conclusion: The innovations using VR Technology has brought countless opportunities for brands to create breathtaking experiences for their customers and establish themselves as a leader in innovation. Crafsol Virtual Reality Consulting services can partner with you to understand your requirements in Virtual and Augmented reality technology and create a top-notch solution.